My notebook: Fujitsu V1020
Things that have been fixed since last release:
1. Screen brightness: xrandr is not required anymore. Great.
2. No more password for accessing the keyring (for wireless connection)
3. Wireless works with suspend.
Things that do not work out of the box:
1. Slow speed of WiFi:
The speed of WiFi is 1 or 2 Mbps by default. Solution from: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath5k
iwconfig wlan0 rate 11M
(Do I need to do this every time?)
2. Sound: internal speakers do not mute when headphone is plugged in (keyword: jack sensing / auto-mute). Tried a bunch of things but still haven’t find out the right way:
head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec#* returns ALC268 and LSI ID 1040
lspci | grep Audio returns 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
Installed module-assistant as suggested on some websites:
sudo apt-get install module-assistant
sudo m-a a-i alsa-source
After a while and after reboot, I found that there are one less device to choose from… I cannot adjust headphone and speaker separately… oops. (How can I roll back?…)
Added a line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf: options snd-hda-intel model=xxx
where I’ve tried xxx=test, 3stack, 5stack, toshiba, fujitsu, auto… sigh
Maybe it’s due to the previous step??
Things to be figured out:
1. Do I need a swap partition in order to use hibernation? or should I use TuxonIce? (update: after adding a swap partition hibernation works fine. Nice.)